17 October 2009

Love will find a way.
Darlin', love is gonna find a way,
Find its way back to you.

My long-time friend, a lifetime bachelor, married a beautiful woman yesterday. She, radiant in wedding-white silk and satin, and he, beaming and brimming with love and pride, accepted my small family in their reception line.

I know her only through him, but well enough to heartily approve of this union. I don't give my friend away to marital bliss to just anyone! Him I know from years of friendship and shared joy and pain; the buddy bond, so to speak.

Watching them brought to mind the greatest gift that we share with each other. The gift of love.

Love takes many forms, and often forms that we fail to expect. Love of brotherhood, or sisterhood. Love of passion, or compassion. Love for our children and pets. The deep abiding love of a soul-mate. Love for God or nature.

Love portends good in the world. It serves as an indicator of harmony. Love shines a light on darkness and hard times. Love covers my heart and soul like a familiar blanket.

I'm in love with love.

The precious moments we share with love in its many forms are the pillars that buttress our lives. Share your love with others - give them the gift of strong support in their lives.

She received the polite "I'm happy for you" hug that part-time strangers give at these occasions. He, the handshake-turned-backslapping tight hug of true friends. Love was in the air, for certain.

The heart-felt man-hug I gave my buddy last night reassured me that the world is okay. That despite the conflict, pain and disasters that plague us, love provides the buoy for the spirit. That
true love prevails despite the trials, troubles and tribulations of this world.

That love will find a way.

Love will find a way.

Love is gonna find a way back to you, yeah,
I know. De-do-doo-te-do. I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment